SWACDA Collegiate Honor Choir Singer Information and Guidelines
• Each college/university and 2-year college is invited to bring an SATB quartet or an SATB octet.
• The registration fee for each college participant is $105 (which includes the honor choir music packet).
• The Registration Fee grants full access to the conference including the Thursday Conference Dinner and a College/University Social Event on Friday night. Rehearsals for the Collegiate Honor Choir will be held in the Marriott conference hotel and the performance will be held in the Robinson Performance Center.
• Each Collegiate Honor Choir director will be sent a packet of music for each participant and should have the music fully prepared before March 4, 2020.
• New this year...To register, please visit the link below and submit your student’s information using the online registration form powered by Submittable.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Gary Gerber at 870.245.5128 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the seventh opportunity that SWACDA has offered collegiate students this wonderful choral experience. The choral memories and techniques that are learned from this conference will help them in their future choral endeavors.
Application deadline is October 30, 2019 to make sure your students will be a part of this outstanding choral experience.
Joshua Oppenheim, Conductor
Joshua Oppenheim is Co-Director of Choral Studies at Kansas State University. Prior to that, he was on faculty at the Crane School of Music in New York. He received his B.M. from Western Michigan University, his M.M. at the University of Mississippi, and his D.M.A. in Choral Conducting at the University of North Texas. He directs Concert Choir, Collegiate Chorale, Men’s Choir, and In-A-Chord. He teaches undergraduate and graduate conducting and choral rehearsal techniques. His choirs have performed by invitation at the New York State School Music Association Conference (2007), the Kansas Music Educators Association Conference (2009, 2012), the American Choral Directors Association Southwestern Conference, (2012), and the National Collegiate Choral Organization (2013) He has presented sessions at numerous ACDA conferences in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, as well as the Western and Southwestern ACDA conferences.
Repertoire for the 2020 SWACDA Collegiate Honor Choir is Considering Matthew Shepard by Craig Hella Johnson.